Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back to Beautiful!

Hello lovely ladies (and gentlemen?)! After a prolonged silence, I've decided to hop back into beauty blogging. I've been dunked in cosmetic industry Kool-Aid for the last four months, and I'm busting at the seams to share the knowledge with friends, clients, and others.

As you may know, I'm a cosmetology student at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis working towards licensure as a hair stylist. In our program, we've covered everything from cuts to colors, perms and relaxers, makeup, nails, skincare and Aveda product knowledge. In short, a little bit of everything! I'm filling up with great information, and want nothing more than to pass on the learnings and discuss with you.

As for KM makeup services.... I'm on a bit of an extended sabbatical. Because of my schedule and attendance requirements through Aveda, I've sadly had to turn down a handful of clients for the 2010 wedding season. If any of you are out there, I apologize! I've struggled with the idea of turning people down, especially considering my desire to build a clientele for both hair and makeup services. But it's mostly because of my love of making beautiful brides more beautiful on their wedding day - it's such a high, and I hope I can continue doing so at some point in the future.

So, welcome back, and watch for some new posts to come very soon! Anything in particular you'd like to hear about? An e-consult of sorts? Just comment and I'll try to cover it in a new post!

xoxo,
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment