Friday, February 19, 2010

Staying Power

When applying eyeshadow in a beautiful, flawless, gorgeous way, nothing is more disappointing than watching it fade, crease, streak or disappear as the day/evening progresses. You sit in front of your mirror, blending it into perfection, and mere hours later see nothing but traces of your hard work. It's crushing really.



This little tube has possibly tripled my eyeshadow's wear time in a given day. I consider it to be foundation for my eyes - I apply it to the lids from lashes to brow before applying any shadow and allow it to dry. My powder shadows go on perfectly and blend evenly. It's absolutely worth the cost and has lasted me at least 9-12 months so far.

A little tip from my gals at Sephora: take a tweezers and yank out the "rim" of the purple tube after you think you've used it all -- just like a tube of mascara or lip gloss, that rim helps to clean the excess off the wand when removed from the tube. Thus, a lot of product is kept inside if you don't yank that thing out!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, might have to invest in this. Do you recommend the clear? Or one of the colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this stuff and love it for shadows. However I must confess it actually grips my make-up with a bit too much force - I've found it causes a bit of tugging with my less-than-creamy eye liners.

    And good to know about the rim ... I'm about to that point with my tube!

    ReplyDelete