Monday, August 31, 2009

My BEST skin advice.

It's very simple. And also free! Can you beat that?? I think not.

Without further ado....

THE HOT WASHCLOTH

I touched on this in the "Hey there, bright eyes!" post, but wanted to explore the idea further. As someone who's had varying skin issues, I can tell you that this very easy addition to my usual cleansing routine has made a WORLD of difference for me. So trust me that this is tried and true.
The hot washcloth "technique" isn't complicated, nor does it really require much explanation. The heat makes both your cleansing process and the products that follow all the more effective. It opens your pores, meaning that it's easier to clean out the gunk of the day and then soaks in those products used after the fact.

Cue awesome metaphor:
If you think of your skin as a tupperware container (I told you it was awesome), you would never wash the container with the lid still on, as it wouldn't be effective. Nor would you put your leftover ___ on top of the closed container. The heat opens up your pores tupperware containers so you can properly clean them and fill them with whatever your heart desires...

The new routine
Remove eye-makeup
Hot washcloth for a few minutes (I'll re-wet it twice to refresh the heat factor)
Cleanse
Treatment products
Moisture/SPF products

xoxo,
KM

(And now I'm imagining a tupperware container filled with clearasil and moisturizer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment